Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Let's Get Started

Somewhere, in the profile area I think, I wrote at length of how this blog came about. As I wrote I got to thinking it was in the wrong spot. It wasn't profile stuff but blog stuff. I cut it and came to create the 1st post. My JRT (Jack Russel Terrorist) needed some attention. I became distracted. I did other things including, apparently, copying something over what I had written. So here it is again. Maybe not the same words, but the same gist.

I was researching an old toy this morning. I researched for about 3 hours and came up with zip. Maybe my researching skills suck, but I don't think so. I went as far as looking for a blog or chat where I could post my item and let the masses have at it with what they know or surmise. I couldn't find such a place, so here it is.

Research is the main purpose of this blog, but it is not limited to that. Buying and selling is permitted. Posting an item for an opinion on value is cool, but I'd prefer only items you cannot find elsewhere. Or you could just post your favorite collectibles to show off. You may be showing off something some else is interested in and open a dialogue about it.

The title is almost self explanatory. One main function here is to research collectibles. That one is a no-brainer. London Ontario is where I live. I read on a local blog that London was being called a "hot bed" of bloggers. Maybe even THE hotbed. This may be true or just a blogger's musings, but I may as well contribute by increasing the number by one. This is not to say that this blog is limited to London, Ontario or even Canada. That's just where I sit. I welcome people from all over the world and even out of this world. I bet aliens have some pretty cool stuff!



2 comments: